With lots of outdoor recreation, historic sites and events, wineries, shopping and dining Grass Valley has something for most everyone to enjoy. Boating activity can be had on almost any of the areas numerous mountain lakes or rivers. We also offer biking and hiking and performances by Music in the Mountains as well as a variety of events held at the Nevada County Fairgrounds. Voted the prettiest fairgrounds in California! There are cultural events, arts and crafts where local artist demonstrate their talent like photography and painting to find woodworking, quilting and sculpturing. With lodging accommodations ranging from Boutique B&B to nice hotels and motels Grass Valley has a place for you.
What Grass Valley, CA has to offer:
- Empire Mine State Park – Richest producing mine in the California
- Voted prettiest fairgrounds in California – August is fair time in Grass Valley
- Draft Horse Classic – These beautiful large horses are worth the show they put on each Sept.
- WordFest in July – at our beautiful Nevada County Fairgrounds
- Blue Grass Festival – Each June
- Northern California Center of Performing Arts
- Two Car Shows – Downtown Grass Valley and Nevada County Fairgrounds
- Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital
- Nevada County Airport – Aerial Firefighting equipment is based here
- Parades in both Grass Valley, CA and Nevada City, CA
- 55 Miles to Sacramento – 50 miles to Sacramento International Airport and 88 miles to Reno International
- Approx. 2500 ft. elevation with a population of around 13,000
- Numerous Vineyards and Wineries